Thank you for your interest in our study abroad programs. We are happy to assist you in your international journey!
Below is an outline of the process for non-NDSU students who are interested in studying abroad through NDSU. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com
, calling (701) 231-7895, or scheduling an appointment
online to discuss any questions you may have.
- Apply to NDSU as a non-degree (special status) student*. To do this, follow these online instructions.
* Please note: Special student status is limited to one study abroad semester, or 15 total credits of course work at NDSU for non-degree seeking students. If you are a student who wants to study abroad for more than one semester, you must apply to NDSU as a degree-seeking student.
- Search for study abroad programs by clicking Program Search on the top right side of the Study Abroad website. There are 4 program types to choose from. Below is a short description, and more information is available on Choosing a Program.
- Faculty-led - Most faculty-led programs will accommodate students from outside of NDSU. Please contact the faculty leader directly if you are interested.
- Exchange - You can take part in any Exchange Program except those designated "Limited Availability". There are two kinds of exchange available: With NDSU Exchange programs, participants pay NDSU tuition and fees as well as the abroad institution's room and board costs; and with an ISEP Exchange participants pay NDSU tuition, fees, room, and board.
- Direct and Affiliate - Pay the local university costs or a program fee for your term abroad. When participating on a direct program NDSU tuition is waived and student fees are less than $100 for a semester.
Apply for your program! Go to the information page for the program you've selected and click the "Apply Now" button to login and begin your application. Be sure to carefully follow the directions provided and complete all required application materials.